Are you a singing scientist or healthcare professional? Have you always wanted to perform in a musical alongside West End pros?! Now is your chance!
We are looking for 16 singers to perform songs from The Mould that Changed the World musical as part of a flashmob in the Houses of Parliament, London on 20th February 2023. The performances will be in collaboration with WaterAid and the British Society for Antimicrobial Chemotherapy who are supporting the publishing of the WASH and Antibiotics APPGs’ paper that day on WASH facility provision in LMICs to prevent antimicrobial resistance.
This is who we are looking for:
- 16 scientists and healthcare professionals who can sing in easy parts
- someone who can learn music quickly
- someone who is comfortable moving, with very simple choreography
The commitment is:
- learning music for 3 songs from tracks and music sent in advance
- rehearsal in central London – 2-5pm, Sat 18 Feb 2023
- rehearsal in central London – 10am-5pm, Sun 19 Feb 2023 (with West End principals)
- flashmob and reception performances around Houses of Parliament – 10am-8pm, Mon 20 Feb 2023
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org by 3rd February with an outline of what singing you have done in the past, your current job or place of study and a short video of you singing. The video can be of any song – a snippet of something you already know, accompanied or unaccompanied, shot on a smartphone or similar.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide travel or accommodation so this opportunity is ideal for people local to London.
For more information about The Mould, its message and its supporters, click here.